Even if you think you can’t draw, getting started with simple line sketches can get you in the groove. All you need to get started is a pencil, paper, and a little courage to make mistakes. And don't forget to have fun along the way.
According to the dictionary, the difference between a sketch and a drawing is:
draw: verb... produce (a picture or diagram) by making lines and marks, especially with a pen or pencil, on paper.
sketch: verb...make a rough drawing of …
Here are my top 5 reasons why we should all experience sketching and drawing:
- Draw to experience greater freedom of expression. Drawing is like adding another language, after all art is a visual language.
- Draw to develop the right side of your brain, the creative side, which will help you view things with a different perspective and enhance problem solving skills. This is like working a muscle.
- Draw to expand your perception and awareness. Drawing teaches us to see differently. When we draw we begin to have more of a sense of awe and wonder because we see more of the usually unnoticed details.
- Draw to unleash and enhance your imagination which will allow you to be more daring. Expanding your creativity adds value to all aspects of your life.
- Draw to just have fun! Drawing can help you relax and relieve stress by getting lost in your drawing. It gets your mind off the stressful things previously occupying your mind.
Reconnect With Your Creative Self! ~Maria